What is My Aged Care?
The Australian Government has recently made changes to the aged care system. This includes the introduction of My Aged Care which is an initiative that supports older people and their families in accessing aged care information and services.
It is for Australian residents who are
- over the age of 65; OR
- over the age of 50, if you identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Through the My Aged Care initiative the Australian Government contributes to the cost of a range of aged care services in Australia. These services include:
- Help in your own home such as domestic help, meals or nursing care, equipment or modifications to your home like rails or ramps and access to social activities.
- Short-term help (or respite care) is available for older people and their carers.
- Ongoing help for people living in aged care homes.
- There are different types of aged care services to support you, whatever your needs.
- Let us help you
As a registered provider, Vision Australia fully understands the new system and can:
- Answer all your questions about My Aged Care and how it works
- Show you how to get the most out of My Aged Care
- Help you through the assessment and registration process
- Provide you with specialised support services to meet your needs.
Contact us early and get the support you need. For more information on Vision Australia’s services call our helpline on O2 9053 4585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also connect with our services here
What is the NDIS?
The NDIS is the National Disability Insurance Scheme. The NDIS is here to help you achieve your goals and it is focused around enabling you to live your life. Vision Australia can provide support to you throughout every stage of the NDIS process.
How can Vision Australia help?
- GETTING YOUR PLAN READY
Vision Australia can help you work through your requirements so you can know what’s available and get what you need to achieve your goals
- NDIS PLANNING SESSION
You can access whatever level of support you need throughout your NDIS planning process, with access to a Vision Australia staff member at any stage
- SELECTING YOUR PROVIDER
Vision Australia is a registered NDIS provider and the leading organisation for people who are blind or have low vision. They will be there for every step of the NDIS process.
Contact us early and get the support you need. For more information on Vision Australia’s services call our helpline on O2 9053 4581 or email email@example.com. You can also connect with our services here