Verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Verification sent. Please check your inbox to verify your address.

Unable to send verification. Please try again later.

Get information from qualified health professionals on the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Best type of specialist for ganglion removal...

    Who would be the best type of specialist to remove a small ganglion from the inside part of an index finger? I.e. It's not on the usual outside/nail side. The GP can do it, and doesn't think any nerves involved, but as precaution recommended a plastic surgeon. Would any plastic surgeon do? Should they have a passing interest in fingers/hands?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 1


    Dr Mahyar Amjadi

    Breast Surgeon, Hand Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (Reconstructive & Cosmetic)

    Dear BJ

    Any hand surgeon can safely perform the procedure, they can be plastic or orthopaedic trained, but have a special interest in hand surgery.

    I hope that helps.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question
Community Contributor

Empowering Australians to make better health choices