Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    What can I do to help my fibromyalgia pain?

    Related Topics
    Have been taken off the piroxicam tablets I was taking as caused massive chest pain. I am taking two panadol forte per day - need a muscle relaxant, tried Mobic however it was not strong enough. Pain is chronic. I am 63. Pain all through the body.
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 1




    Bree Somer

    Social Worker

    Hi - I’m Bree Somer. I'm a qualified, registered Social Worker with extensive experience and specialised training. I provide individual counselling or coaching sessions to … View Profile

    Chronic pain can be incredibly frustrating - I empathise with you.

    I suggest talking with your doctor again about finding the right mix of medication to help you manage your condition.  Let your doctor know that since ceasing your previous medication you feel an additional muscle relaxant is now required and be guided by their expertise.  Don't forget, if you are not satisfied with your doctors solution or approach you are always entitled to seek a second opinion.

    I would also encourage you to explore complementary pain management approaches and supports to help build a comprehensive 'tool kit' of strategies to help you manage this condition over the long term.

    Pain Australia has some great resources available for those experiencing chronic pain:

    Including a network of support people in your treatment - whether friends, a support group, or a counsellor - can be helpful towards managing your condition. Together with exploring different relaxation strategies to help manage stress levels as stress can serve to exacerbate symptoms.

    I hope you find the right mix of treatment soon. All the best.

  • 2


    Helen Potter


    As a Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist, with extensive experience and highly advanced qualifications, as well as excellent communication skills, I can help you to: Become informed … View Profile Kaye Brand a physio

    Kaye Brand a physio with a PhD in fibromyalgia runs a support group in Perth that you may find helpful. Regards Helen

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices