Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    16 year old daughter

    My daughter is 16 and suffers from depression and has tried to commit suicide 3 times now. She feels like she is useless and gets into a bad headspace which lasts for quite a few hours. She has been to Headspace but says they don't help. We have tried to get into a psychiatrist referee by her doctor but they only take 18 years plus. Can you suggest anything? I'm a single parent and need someone that bulk bills 😔 this has been an ongoing thing for the last 12 months.
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • I have been working in Eltham, Melbourne as a relationship and family counsellor for over twelve years. I draw on current theory and research about … View Profile

    I suggest you go back to your GP - psychiatrists in general see people of any age. You may need a referral to a different psychiatrist than the initial one recommended, who perhaps specializes in working with young people. Your local Headspace should have a psychiatrist attached to their service who will bulk bill.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Empowering Australians to make better health choices