Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    I do not know what to do anymore?

    I am a young 18year old guy, that is having some serious problems controlling my anger, always cautious around people, do not get over 5 hours of sleep a night, feel like someone is watching me, going through the death of a close family member, stress, fighting with family, and so many more things, I just don't know what to do anymore! Need some help
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 1




    I have been working in Eltham, Melbourne as a relationship and family counsellor for over twelve years. I draw on current theory and research about … View Profile

    Good on you for reaching out for help - an important first step! It sounds like you have a lot going on, and you may need to talk with someone who can help you think about what support you might need. A couple of options - you can go to your GP and ask for a referral to a psychologist - most of the cost for this will be covered by Medicare. Because you are under 25, there is a terrific service called Headspace that provides counselling and mental health support for young people free of charge (this is government funded). You can either find the one that is closest to you by visiting their website, or you can chat to somone at E-Headspace either online or by phone -

  • Lee-Anne is an independent, fully qualified, registered counsellor offering a flexible dedicated counselling service that focuses on the struggles, needs, and empowerment of women. Lee-Anne … View Profile

    Reaching out is a wonderful first step, good on you! It sounds like you have many things going on for you right now, you’re feeling stressed and in need of support for yourself which appears to be challenging for you while arguing with your family. Anger can often manifest from underlying depression and it seems you are still trying to accept the loss of someone dear. You certainly have a lot to cope with. I would suggest that you seek support from a Counsellor/psychologist (psychologists can offer Medicare rebates) to help you work through your loss and the ways in which it has affected you. If you are reluctant to walk into an office setting to seek support, there are many online services available to help. When seeking, online support be sure the professional’s credentials are legitimate, you want someone qualified. You also need to 'click' with your therapist and feel comfortable with them. I hope this has helped you in some way. I complement your strength in reaching out the way that you have. 


answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question
Community Contributor

Empowering Australians to make better health choices