Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    What Thyroid test for over-eating child and procedure?

    Over-eating 4 year old. Is there a test to determine if it is caused by thyroid and what does the test involve?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • My research interests include immunology and the mechanisms of amyloid formation. The latter has implications for people who are dealing with Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease … View Profile

    Your GP should be able to refer your child to a specialist clinical endocrinologist for investigation.

    Possibilities which could be checked out include levels of thyroxine (T3 and/or T4), maybe also TSH and TRH levels - these are all easy "blood tests".

    If anything of concern turns up from those tests then the clinical endocrinologist should be able to discuss options with you.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices