Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Where can I find support as a gay teenager?

  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • Leanne Hall

    Clinical Psychologist, Psychologist

    Integrative Psychologist, Health Coach & Personal Trainer in private practice. I have expertise in assessing and treating a range of disorders and conditions; depression, anxiety, … View Profile

    Twenty10 is a fantastic service which provides support to young people and their families. Take a look at their website for more information.

    I hope this helps!

  • Clinton Power

    Counsellor, Psychotherapist

    Clinton Power + Associates provides relationship counselling for Australian individuals and couples online via Zoom videoconference, or from our Sydney CBD office or Byron Bay … View Profile

    If you're based in Sydney, check out the great work that ACON do, and in particular, their Fun & Esteem Project for Youth.

    A great way to get support and form friendships with other GLBT youth. 

    Click below for more information:

  • Ash Rehn

    Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sex Therapist, Social Worker

    Mental Health Medicare Provider of focussed psychological strategies, Counsellor & Therapist specialising in ‘sex addiction’, pornography issues, gay counselling, online therapy. For more information: View Profile

    The services that Leanne and Clinton mentioned are both gay friendly and provide an excellent level of support.

    But if you are somewhere else in Australia, you might not be able to access them. You will find your local Headspace service is also gay-friendly and you can meet with a psychologist, social worker, doctor or counsellor there for free if you are between 12-25.

  • Colin Longworth


    Is a Generalist Psychologist, who is able to provide counselling services under Medicare (with a GP referral) as well as Telehealth and Clinical Hypnotherapy. He … View Profile

    Another option for you, regardless of which state you live in is to contact which is a new Australia wide telephone and internet service using volunteers and others from various state based organisations. Phone 1800 184 527 from 5.30pm to 10.30pm, or use their online chat option, via the website. They should be able to assist with local organisations and other sources of support.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices