Verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Verification sent. Please check your inbox to verify your address.

Unable to send verification. Please try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Chronic pain from hamstring tendinosis

    I’m at a bit of a loss of which professional I should be visiting for managing my pain. I am a 30-year-old female with a normal weight. I have had pain sitting down most of my life. I remember it being pretty unbearable when I was 10 years old.

    The pain is mainly on the ischial tuberosity, on both sides. After being treated by various doctors and physiotherapists over the years for everything from sciatica to extra ribs (none of which I have) I’ve finally been diagnosed with tendinosis of the hamstring and there is also some damage to the bone at the attachment. I’ve been seeing my physiotherapist for the past 3 months but I’m now in more pain than ever before. It’s now pulling behind my knees.

    I went to my GP but she said she doesn’t know what to do and gave me pain medications, but i’d prefer to treat the problem. My physiotherapist says that my tendinosis is caused by a sporting injury as a child, but I don’t remember any injury and I’ve never been capable of sports.

    What should I do now?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices