Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    My 9 year old grandson needs help for his obesity

    I'm really worried about my obese 9 year old grandson. He needs to be under the care of a professional. From the moment he was born he seemed hungrier than other babies and still tends to overeat. His mother sees that he actually eats healthier foods than most of his friends but he has the appetite of a fully grown man. I feel he needs to be under the care of a professional. Someone who could make him feel less hungry. Who could help?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • My research interests include immunology and the mechanisms of amyloid formation. The latter has implications for people who are dealing with Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease … View Profile

    I suggest that you encourage his mother to get him thoroughly checked out by a specialist paediatrician (their expertise is in child health issues) - this will probably need a referral from the family GP.

    There are many possible explanations for his excessive appetite and obesity - a full clinical investigation should help in working out what the problems may be.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices