Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Where do I get help if I suspect having alopecia?

    I have been losing hair for a while but only recently found 3 coin-sized bald spots at the back of my head which were not there since my last haircut about 3 months ago .
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • The AAAF Committee consists of a group of dedicated individuals who work full-time or have their own business. They contribute their time, knowledge, passion & … View Profile

    To determine if your hair loss is any form of Alopecia Areata you should seek medical advice from a GP, Dermatologist or Trichologist, as there are many forms of hair loss.  Once confirmed reach out to AAAF as we have support groups in each state and many resources that can explain the condition in more detail. 

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices