Most religions are based on similar spiritual principles, and if used effectively, can help reduce depression.
Depression is often, but not always, caused by negative thinking and feelings such as, anger, shame, fear, despair, hopelessness and apathy. The following spiritual principles can be used to reduce these feelings:
1. Shame- use forgiveness. That is, split the person from your behaviour. Leave, God, karma or whatever else, to judge the behaviour, and forgive yourself becuase your are human and make mistakes.
2. Hopelessness- use hope , stop focusing on goals if you can't see a pathway to the goal, otherwise you will get anxiety, and continual failure can cause depression. Hope, is having a goal, but trusting that you will find a pathway. The pathway comes from your intuition. Worry and anxiety block intuition being activitated. A goal will cause you to compare, whereas hope will provide peace.
3. Anger -use assertivness . Split the person from the behaviour . That is, attack the behaviour and leave the person alone. Don;t make it personal or take it personally.
4. Fear- use suffering. The purpose of suffering is to grow when in adversity and you have no influence over the outcome. That is, with fear grow courage, with anger grow calmness, with apathy grow hope. Don't use suffering to blame others, yourself or circumstances. Don't use avoidance.
5. Despair-use peace when you have no influence over a situation. That is, accept it with no responsibility to try and fix it.
Report this post
You must be a HealthShare member to report this post.
to your account or
now (it's free).