Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    How to manage and cope with Meniere's disease?

    The disability has caused me a lot of nervousness and stress. I am constantly worried about the onset of symptoms. Any advice?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 2


    Dr Firas Hasan


    Dr. Firas is a chiropractor based in Adelaide who is passionate about the spine. His clinic offers a same day appointment and treatment guarantee. Dr. … View Profile

    Meniere's disease is a very common condition and seen all the time by our chiropractor in Gladstone and Gympie. It can sometimes cause dizziness, pain, or a feeling of fullness in the ear, all of which can be very annoying. Useful methods of dealing with the condition are applying the Apley's maneuver at onset of symptoms which can be demonstrated correctly by your Chiropracfor in Gladstone and Gympie or by receiving a specific neck adjustment. Call your chiropractor in Gladstone on 49722786 or Gympie on 54828477 or check out our website for more information,

  • 2




    Dr David McIntosh

    Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon

    David McIntosh is an Australian trained ENT surgeon with international experience. His areas of interest are paediatrics, nose and sinus disease, and providing access to … View Profile

    You need good quality medical advice and should steer clear of Dr Google as he is hopeless for this. Your reaction to your symptoms is not unusual and as a starting point you need to find an ENT that you are happy with and gives you the time you need to talk through your concerns and make sure you have a management plan when you walk out the door   

  • 1




    Daniela Meinrath


    I am the principle therapist at Sydney Vestibular Physiotherapy. I specialise in the treatment of patients with dizziness or vertigo and balance disorders. I also … View Profile

    Meniere's disease as you know can cause vertigo, ringing in the ears and other hearing and balance symptoms. A good GP or ENT will be able to point you in the direction of therapists trained in the specialised management of patients with vestibular disorders such as meniere's disease. 

    Good luck.

  • 1


    Kathryn Penno


    Hello and Welcome, I founded the Hearing Collective to give clients one location, a collective of hearing healthcare services that are convenient and accessible. Hearing … View Profile

    Hi, Thanks for your question. I agree with Dr McIntosh and Daniela above. Finding a team you trust to work with can help you feel confident in managing your symptoms to alleviate your nervouness and stress. They are there for the times when you need more guidance too, as MD symptoms can fluctuate over time.

    Tracking your hearing thresholds (should you feel they fluctuate) by a university trained audiologist is a starting point. Additionally a vestibular assessment to identify an hypofunction (reduced function) or asymmetry (differences between your ears) can help to manage your symptoms. A physiotherapist can also help to manage your balance should you need to regain confience in your movements via a rehab. program. 

    Additionally, I would find a community support group (online or locally). I know we used to run MD specific groups to empower our MD clients, but not sure how many of these are being run in each state. Hearing eachothers successes and failures allows a greater education for management of MD in real life.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices