Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    When should I see a doctor about my child's bedwetting problem?

    I have tried everything but my son continues to wet the bed. How can a doctor help?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 1


    Dr Michael Cohen, Chiropractor is co-founder of the Chirosports Group one of Australia's leading groups of Chiropractors working together since 1994. Dr Michael Cohen Chiropractor … View Profile

    Many parents take their children to a GP to discuss bedwetting and this is a sound approach so the Dr can assess underlying health concerns that may be the cause.  Today there are prescribed medications on the market that may be effective in the treatment of this condition and this is sometimes the best approach.

    You may also want to consider trying a medicine free approach.  Chiropractic care may help treat the problem and this is something you could try if you have not already? 

    If you have already tried Chiropractic care then the prescribed medications may be worth speaking to your GP about as breaking the cycle can mean transformation for your child's self esteem and the sanity of the whole family. 

    I hope you are able to resolve this soon.

    All the best,
    Michael Cohen, Chiropractor

  • Anonymous

    Can you recommend any chiropractors in Melbourne that specifically deal with children with bed wetting issues? 

  • 1


    Aphrodite Zoitas is a qualified Psychologist specialising in Educational and Developmental Psychology. She has experience in working with children, adolescents and their families to provide … View Profile

    You should see a GP for bed wetting when your child is at least 5 years of age and it is creating frustration for the child and / parents. Bet wetting can create issues of poor self-esteem, especially in older children, and can stop children from engaging in some activities (such as sleep overs and camping). It is important to see your GP first to rule out a physiological problem before commencing a psychological intervention. 

  • 2


    Dr David McIntosh

    Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon

    David McIntosh is an Australian trained ENT surgeon with international experience. His areas of interest are paediatrics, nose and sinus disease, and providing access to … View Profile

    Give it time and if it's an issue still at age 5-6, then you can start looking into your options. 
    One thing to note though is that if you child is snoring, this needs to be addressed in its own right, and a good number of kids will stop bed wetting as part of the management.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Empowering Australians to make better health choices