Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    What kind of doctor do I need to see for my psoriasis?

  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 1


    Prof Rodney Sinclair

    Dermatologist (Skin Specialist)

    Professor Sinclair is a Professor of Dermatology at the University of Melbourne and Director of Sinclair Dermatology. He is past-president of the Australasian Society for … View Profile

    Psoriasis is a skin disease.  General practitioners are trained in the diagnosis and treatment of skin disease and can deal with most cases of psoriasis.

    Dermatologists are skin specialists.  If you have severe psoriasis or your psoriasis is not responding adequately to treatment, your GP may refer you on for specialist advice.

    For patients with very severe psoriasis, the Epworth Hospital conducts clinical research trails with new biological treatments.  If more than 10% of your skin is covered by psoriasis and you are considering participating ina clinical trial, you can contact us directly for further information on 03 9654 2426

    Professor Rod SInclair
    Epworth Dermatology

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Empowering Australians to make better health choices