Verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Verification sent. Please check your inbox to verify your address.

Unable to send verification. Please try again later.

Get information from qualified health professionals on the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Acute tinnitus with muffled sounds

    Related Topic
    I have a sudden onset of tinnitus with acute buzzing and muffled sounds. What should I do?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • Raji Parangad


    No referrals required. Cosmetic hearing aid specialist ( we have the latest, most discreet hearing aids in the market), Custom ear plugs, Assertive listening devices. … View Profile

    Tinnitus is not a  disease. It is a  symptom. You need to see your health practitioner and get your ears checked.,

  • 1


    Kathryn Penno


    Hello and Welcome, I founded the Hearing Collective to give clients one location, a collective of hearing healthcare services that are convenient and accessible. Hearing … View Profile

    Hello, I agree with Raji above. As you have use the words sudden onset and muffled speech I would recommend the following:

    1. See you GP and report your aural symptoms.

    2. Get a full diagnostic audiological evalution to ascertain any differences in your hearing/ears. Ensure you have a speech audiogram performed too.

    3. Listen to the results from the audiologist; they may recommend return for medical opinion from GP to ENT, annual hearing review etc...

    As tinnitus is a symptom, coupled with muffled speech and sudden onset, it is recommended you seek intervention from a medico and or audiologist.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices