Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Who should I see to find out what is the knee lump on top of my knee cap?

    I play lots of sport (I am 26) and have never hurt my knees. I can't do squats or stretch my knee bent behind my back, but running and jumping are fine just any knock to the front of the knee cap causes extreme pain. Had MRIs on both my knees before this happened and all were fine. Any ideas or suggestions on who to go see about it?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 1


    Brian Lee


    I graduated from the University of Melbourne in 2004 and have worked in various healthcare settings, including primary care, private practice and community health services, … View Profile

    GP will be your first stop in your case. The lump can be a collection of swelling arising from an injury; can be prepatellar bursa; can be the bone itself, ie bone bruise, chipped fragment; can be tendon injury. GP will refer you to suitable professional or order appropriate tests after his initial assessment.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question
Community Contributor

Empowering Australians to make better health choices