Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Do I have a rash or eczema?

    Related Topics
    I have had a reddish/purple rash on the back of my scalp for years that sometimes gets quite painful (feels like my hair is being pulled). It resembles a portwine stain. When hair colour is applied to this area it breaks out in small blisters that gradually subside. What is it?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 1


    The role of the Eczema Association of Australasia Inc (EAA) is to be a supportive body for eczema sufferers and carers, to increase public awareness … View Profile

    It can sometimes be very difficult to diagnose exactly what type of rash you have. 
    Eczema is usually very itchy as opposed to other skin rashes. 
    To find out for certain, obtain a referral from your GP to see a Dermatologist. 
    Once you have a correct diagnosis, then correct treatment can be started in order to clear up your rash.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices