Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Where can I get help for drug addiction?

    Related Topic
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 1


    Belinda Chelius

    Counsellor, Social Worker

    I am a skilled, dedicated, culturally sensitive and passionate Senior Social Work Clinician, practicing in the field of complex mental health and substance misuse (Dual-Diagnosis) … View Profile

    If you live in QLD, I can refer you to some very reputable agencies and clinicians in private practice, who deal with substance misuse and mental health related concerns.
     Long-term, consistent engagement in individual counselling and/or recovery group work, is crucial to recovery, so finding a service that fits with you and your needs are vital. A service/practitioner that has a client-directed focus works well, as you can express you needs; goals and treatment approach you feel, might fit best with your values.
    Australia operates under a harm- minimization drug strategy, which focuses on reducing harms associated with drug/alcohol misuse. Part of your treatment goals can include abstinence in the long run.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question
Community Contributor

Empowering Australians to make better health choices