Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    What to do when you have a cut in your mouth from a sports injury?

    I have a cut in my mouth from playing football (got hit by another player). It makes eating and drinking quite painful. What should I do?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 1


    Jason Tomlinson

    Personal Trainer

    I would go and see a doctor so they can check it out and see if it's at risk of becoming infected. A dentist might be able to help also, however a doctor would be the first person I'd go and see.

  • Antony Lo


    Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist (trainee Specialist) in Marrickville, Sydney, NSW, Australia. I specialise in the spine, especially the thorax and pelvis (SIJ). I enhance sports performance, address … View Profile

    See a doctor for advice. If there is persistent bleeding, then seeing someone sooner rather than later is better.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices