Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    I have enlarged prostate. What should I do?

    Age 61. Normal PSA reading.
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 5


    I have been involved specifically in male health for over two decades. As a specialist in urological prosthetics, I use a range of treatments from … View Profile

    An enlarged prostate itself is not necessarily a problem, it is normal with ageing.

    However as the prostate enlarges it may effect the way the bladder works, so if you are having bladder problems, such as going more often, waking up at night to go, or poor flow, then the enlarged prostate causing those symptoms may need treatment.

    You should ask your GP for a referral to an urologist

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Empowering Australians to make better health choices