Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    I have a facial cyst, how do I go about getting it removed?

    I have had this cyst for over 20 years and just it being there is annoying as I find myself playing with it, squeezing it all the time which makes it bigger and inflamed. I would like to have it removed and looking at costs involved where I might locate the right type of doctor and whether I would have to go into hospital.
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 4


    Dr Walter Flapper

    Plastic Surgeon (Reconstructive & Cosmetic)

    Dr Flapper is a craniofacial surgeon in Adelaide. Following the completion of his training as a plastic and reconstructive surgeon, Dr Flapper completed a post … View Profile

    My advice would be to get a referral to a plastic and reconstructive surgeon who will be able to assess the cyst and arrange for it to be removed for you. The costs would depend on the size and site of the cyst. Smaller lesions can be easily removed under local anaesthetic without needing to go to hospital. The costs will vary between surgeons and you will need to ask your surgeon when you see them what the exact costs will be.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices