Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    What options are there for scar/keloid on face?

    I have a raised scar/keloid type thing on the top of my lip. Is there a way to remove this type of thing with minimal scarring?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • Dr Walter Flapper

    Plastic Surgeon (Reconstructive & Cosmetic)

    Dr Flapper is a craniofacial surgeon in Adelaide. Following the completion of his training as a plastic and reconstructive surgeon, Dr Flapper completed a post … View Profile

    Whenever you make a cut in the skin, you will end up with a scar. There are manouvres that will minimise any scarring such as meticulous tissue handling, tension free closure and postoperative scar management. The best first step would be to obtain a referral to see a plastic and reconstructive surgeon who can advise you what the best option would be for your particular case.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices