Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    How can I get a diet plan written up?

    I'm looking for a diet plan to help me lose up to 20kg, not fussy about how long it takes but I can't stick to plans unless they're 100% strict. I prefer knowing what to eat and when to eat it, rather than just not eating certain things. Does anyone know somebody or a website, or what kind of professional can write me up one?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 1


    Hi, I’m an Inner-West Sydney based Nutritionist and Accredited Practicing Dietitian. I’m committed to helping people finding a way of eating that allows them to … View Profile

    A dietitian is the person to go to for a diet plan! They can take into account your age, gender, height and lifestyle to determine the best plan for you. 

    You may be able to get a referral from your GP, which will enable you to get some money back from medicare. 

    Please feel free to get in contact with me if you have any more questions.

  • My research interests include immunology and the mechanisms of amyloid formation. The latter has implications for people who are dealing with Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease … View Profile

    I agree with Jessica that an Accredited Practising Dietitian would be a good person to talk with - you can find one here: .

    “Accredited Practising Dietitian” is a legally protected term - only people like Jessica who have completed relevant professional training can use that job description.

  • 1


    Chris Fonda

    Dietitian, Nutritionist, Sports Dietitian

    As an Accredited Sports Dietitian, APD and athlete (springboard diver), Chris has both professional and personal experience in sport at the sub-elite and elite level.Chris … View Profile

    I agree with my fellow dietitian Jessica above and second that of Dr Simon Eastbrook-Smith. You will get the most benefit from seeing an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) for your diet plan. APD's are the only health professionals appropriately qualified to give out individualised dietary advice in which you are asking.

    There are many other professionals providing individualised meal plans and diet plans out there however, many are not appropriately qualified and can provide potentially dangerous plans that could result in serious consequences.

    To find an APD head to: to find one near you :)

  • Tyson Tripcony

    Dietitian, Nutritionist, Sports Dietitian

    Tyson is an Accredited Practising Dietitian, Accredited Sports Dietitian and ISAK Level 2 Anthropometrist. Tyson is the owner and Managing Director of Sunshine Coast Dietetics … View Profile

    As all my colleagues have answered above, going to see an APD is the best thing you can do. If you can't find anyone near you, my practice offers online consultations!

    Contact me anytime and we can organise an appointment with myself or one of my very experienced Dietitians.

  • Vanessa is an Acc. Sports Dietitian and specialises in sports nutrition for both recreational & elite athletes. With a love for sports from a very … View Profile

    An Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) would be the way to go!  They have the expertise to give you individualised advice and support in reaching your nutrition goals.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices