Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    What can I do about my vocal changes while singing?

    I am a 21 year old male who is undergoing private classical voice training I recently did a show, and lately I noticed I've been having difficulty with my voice, I want to know what a ENT I could do to help me?

    Any help would be appreciated!

  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • Nikki Martin

    Speech Pathologist

    I have over 13 years experience in adult Speech Pathology and specialise in voice and swallowing problems/cancers of the face and throat. I work very … View Profile

    Hi Toby- sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with your voice. An ENT assessment can visualise the vocal folds. Straight nasendoscopy can miss subtle changes. Gold standard is a videostroboscopy assessment which can view the vibration of the vocal folds (too fast for the human eye and missed on nasendoscopy). A Voice Clinic Assessment is a Combined ENT and Speech Patholgy Assessment, ideally with videostroboscopy. This is the best type of assessment as it's likely that people with voice problems will have to see the Speech Pathologist for therapy. Unfortunately, there are very few clinics/ENT's in Australia that utilise a videostroboscopy system. I hope that helps.

    Nikki Martin
    Speech Pathologist

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question
Community Contributor

Empowering Australians to make better health choices