Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Could I have an infectious desease and not know it?

    Related Topic
    I used to live with a person who used to inject herself with drugs and she would often ask for a sip of a drink I was having.

    What I'm wondering is, even though she is 10 years clean, could I have caught anything from her as I don't know if she shared needles.
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • Women's Health Queensland Wide provides free health information for Queensland women. View Profile

    If you had a sexual relationship with someone who was an injecting drug user then you should have a sexual health screen. Your Dr. or sexual health clinic can arrange this for you.
    Neither HIV nor Hepatitis C is transmitted via casual contact, such as sharing eating utensils, dishware, showers, food, drinks, etc
    Women’s Health Educator
    Health Information Line, Women’s Health Queensland Wide

    Women living in Queensland can also call our Health Information Line - a free information and referral service for Queensland women - on 3839 9988 or 1800 017 676 (toll free outside Brisbane).

    Please note that all health information provided by Women’s Health Queensland Wide is subject to this disclaimer

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices