Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Shared Experiences

    My life changing diagnosis

    Hi, I'm Anthony. I'm 46yrs old and what I can say firstly is how fast life can change. After losing my last sales job(around 13 different positions in 12 months?!) I thought I was going mad, when all I wanted was to sleep and sleep and so i literally slept till at least 2PM(on a good day?!) everyday, for around 2 long months.

    Eventually, I dragged my overslept, sun deprived self to a local GP and after some CT chest scans and multiple blood tests, the doctor said I had emphysema(ever so softly,almost a mumble?)and also depression and anxiety. Next move, was to offer me anti-depressants, which i didn't take due to being way too worried about the side-effects? And, yet, I do admit im not scared of those illicit smoking drugs. That, as well as cigarettes which got me into this life changing mess in the first place.

    So, what now? How will my life change after this diagnosis? They say not to stress, but I already feel as if my life has changed forever…
  • Find a professional to answer your question

comment

You must be a Health Professional to comment. Log in or Sign up .