Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Would electric shock treatment help me?

    I suffer from did's.I were diagnosed with this by my therapist and 2 from the logan hospital.It's getting worse.It's harder to control,would electric shock treatment help? What does it involve and how does in work?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 1

    Thanks

    mandy_rose

    HealthShare Member

    If you have just found out  it is like opening pandoras box. Its seems worse right now because your system is crying out to be heard, needs to be heard and supressing everyone inside will make things worse. Once you become aware of the DID you go through the crying out phase and until that is worked through the business of it all inside takes longer to settle. I can only imagine shock therapy would freak everyone inside out. I have heard of people doing this and I havent heard of any success. Your DID system needs nurturing and understanding. You learnt to dissociate from a young age, not your fault. DID is a survival mechanism of the brain and this saved your life. The trick now is to learn to manage your system as a team. 

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions