Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Are the red inflamed, itchy sores over parts of my body eczema?

    I have red sores over parts of my body they are located on some of my knuckles, thighs, under my arm and chest and I am not and sure but I think some are also between my buttocks they can get sore and feel inflamed I am on so much medications that I am wondering if it is my medication or from my Inflamatory bowel disease, and wondering how can they be diagnosed what they are caused from. thank you
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 1


    The role of the Eczema Association of Australasia Inc (EAA) is to be a supportive body for eczema sufferers and carers, to increase public awareness … View Profile

    It would be best to visit a Dermatologist and get a proper diagnosis so the correct treatment can help the problem.  A referral from your GP is required.
    Usually eczema is itchy as opposed to other skin problems, however sometimes fungal infections can be itchy as well.
    Changing to hypoallergenic skin products may help to relieve some symptoms.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Empowering Australians to make better health choices