Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    What type of health professional should I see for Crohn's disease?

    For quite a long time (past two years) I have experienced abdominal pain and occasionally diarrhea with blood. My sister believes I may have Crohn's disease. What type of health professional should I see?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • Dr Kannan Venugopal


    I am an adult gastroenterologist working in Perth, WA. I have trained in Perth and Edinburgh, UK. After completing my speciality gastroenterology training, i have … View Profile

    Bloody diarrhoea is an alarm symptom which needs to be evaluated critically and quickly. I cannot comment if you have Crohn's disease or not with that limited information.
    Management of Crohn's disease is at a  multi disciplinary , multi speciality level . The professionals who would be involved in the management of an IBD patient would include ( but not limited to) a Gastroenterologist, General Practitioner, Colorectal surgeon, Dietician, IBD nurse and a psychologist ( in some units)

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices