Fatty Liver Disease is when the liver -the organ responsible for filtering, processing, packaging, and detoxifying compounds is compromised by the chemicals in foods including, fat soluble toxins, drink including alcohol, prescribed and non prescribed medications, stress and nutrient deficiencies compromises the liver's ability to work well,
The liver over time can develop fatty tissue through it, which slows down and reduces filtration effectiveness of blood.
There are several nutrients that are vital for effective liver function
- Choose cuisines from a variety of places that use spice and herbs - Indian, Morrocan, Italian, Greek, Thai etc. These provide stimulating and detox compounds in their phytonutrients that support the liver to neutralise and detox safer.
- Reduced intake of high chemical foods - choose least processed the better. Organic, or pealed fruit, vegetables, lean meats to reduce the chemical load entering the body
- limit or avoid alcohol;
- include healthy fats and limit saturated fats from pastries, chocolates, cakes etc.
- have a medication review to minimise cross reactions of drugs, or overdoesing of drugs,
- choose high fibre foods to help stimulate excreation of toxins nutralised and passed through to bile.
- Water, cleaned and filtered to ensure adequate hydration and removal of wastes throught he kidneys.
- Consider a consult with an APD dietitian to discuss recipes that are low allergen/chemical load that will support the bowels, liver, kidney and attain good nutritional stutus.
Report this post
You must be a HealthShare member to report this post.
to your account or
now (it's free).