Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Should I have a hysterectomy?

    i had a pap smear done two weeks ago that came back as endocevical component present severly displastic / carcinoma in situ squamous cells pesent (CIN 3). I have also not had a period for 18 months, have bleeding after sex, discharge and hip pain. Just trying to find out some information before I go for my gyno appointment in 2 weeks as i'm a bit scared!! i am thinking of just having a hitorectomy ??
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • ACCF’s Vision is to protect and enhance women’s health by eliminating cervical cancer and enabling treatment for women with cervical cancer and related health issues, … View Profile

    ACCF's Health Adviser, Dr Farley has commented on this question she says:

    “These symptoms could result from a variety of different causes. Every woman's situation is different. It is important to speak to your gynaecologist, who will consider your individual history, examination findings and any investigations, so that they can provide you with the best advice and support. I know it can be difficult to wait for that gynaecology appointment, so if you have any concerns in the meantime, you should return to your usual general practitioner, who will be able to provide you with ongoing support and information.”

    I hope this information is helpful to you.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices