Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    How do I access support for my child?

  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • Serving the interests of children and young people with childhood language and related disorders View Profile

    Depending on what your child's needs are depends on who to approach to discuss support options. Your child's teacher and/or GP may be able to point you in the right direction. They may also know of funding options specific to your child's needs.

  • Ida Shapievsky


    Being a mother myself, I understand what it is like constantly worrying if you are doing the best job possible for your child. My passion … View Profile

    As mentioned above, it depends on what kind of a support your child may need. If your child needs extra time during exams or a reader or a writer or extension for assignment then you would need to apply through your school. They would often require a report from a psychologist outlining what kind of support your child may need. For some children, a Special Education tutor can help them with assignments and work outside of the classroom. For others, a verbalising- visualising program may also help. This program is run by some psychologists. Some children may need further assistance with accepting their difficulty and learning how to stay positive and motivated throughout their schooling.

  • With a passion to see people move forward and break free from the barriers holding them back, Grant is a highly experienced counsellor with over … View Profile

    I agree with the answers above, let us know the difficulty your child is having and what city you are in and I'm sure you will get some helpful replies.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question
Community Contributor

Empowering Australians to make better health choices