Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    How can I tell my sexual partner about this?

    I'm embarassed to tell my partner that i suffer from vulvodynia (pain in the vulvar area) which sometime affects me during sex. How do i tell him?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • Women's Health Queensland Wide provides free health information for Queensland women. View Profile

    I am sure that if you are affected by pain during intercourse that your partner may already be aware of this. Despite your best efforts - unconsciously you may be guarding against pain and your partner may percieve this as a lack of interest in him. It may be useful to provide him with information on the subject and discuss this. Also some couples find that speaking with a sex therapist together is helpful. Trust your relationship - I am sure your partner would want the best for you. You might find the following link helpful

    Women’s Health Educator
    Health Information Line, Women’s Health Queensland Wide

    Women living in Queensland can also call our Health Information Line - a free information and referral service for Queensland women - on 3839 9988 or 1800 017 676 (toll free outside Brisbane).

    Please note that all health information provided by Women’s Health Queensland Wide is subject to this disclaimer

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Community Contributor

Empowering Australians to make better health choices