Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    How is thrush diagnosed?

  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 1


    Women's Health Queensland Wide provides free health information for Queensland women. View Profile

    Women who suspect they may have a vaginal infection should visit their doctor. A doctor will examine the genital area to look for signs of other conditions and take a swab of vaginal discharge for laboratory testing. Taking a swab is an important step in obtaining a diagnosis. A doctor cannot accurately diagnose a vaginal infection by asking the woman about symptoms and/or by just conducting an examination.

    Please note that all health information provided by Women’s Health Queensland Wide is subject to this disclaimer.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Community Contributor

Empowering Australians to make better health choices