Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Where can my husband seek advice regarding diabetes management..(his diet is controlled)?

    How do I contact a "diabetes educator"? His doctor wants to send him to a nutritionist, but he more needs someone to tell him how important exercise is, how to care for his feet, how/when to test blood, the consequences of not controlling diabetes, etc (ie to frighten and motivate him!)
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • Natalie Wischer

    Credentialled Diabetes Educator (CDE), Diabetes Educator

    A diabetes  educator is a great start when someone is newly diagnosed with diabetes. They will assist you with information, guidance and support about the importance of lifestyle changes and regular health checks and will guide you in finding all the other health care professionals important in a team approach for assisting you with caring for your diabetes. 

    To find a diabetes educator nearby, it is is best to do a search on the Australian Diabetes Educators Association website at: 

    The "Find an Educator" section is a little hidden down the bottom left of the website but will allow you to find an educator in your local region. 

    You can also do a similar search for a dietitian at:

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices