Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Do I need to see an ENT?

    I have had an infection in my sinuses for just over 12 months, my doctor has prescribed nasal sprays, antibiotics with the last round of antibiotics Doryx 100mg. I had scans done and my left sinus seems to be alot smaller then my right. I have never had an issue except when I got quite sick about 12 months ago.

    My left eye near the tear duct is constantly irritated and when I exercise air comes out near my tear duct and my ear and I cant hear properly and makes me slightly dizzy. If I breath through my nose it sometimes stings through my left nostril.

    For a couple of years I couldn't sleep on my left side because it would make me dizzy so I thought the more I sleep on that side it would go away…which now I can sleep on that side but since doing that it feels like this is when it started? Please help should I ask my doctor for a referral?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 1


    Dr David McIntosh

    Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon

    David McIntosh is an Australian trained ENT surgeon with international experience. His areas of interest are paediatrics, nose and sinus disease, and providing access to … View Profile

    Short answer is yes. You will also need some scans and a hearing test, which your GP may be able to organise prior to seeing a specialist. 

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Empowering Australians to make better health choices