Verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Verification sent. Please check your inbox to verify your address.

Unable to send verification. Please try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    How to fix these symptoms of depression?

    Related Topic
    I cant concentrate on anything for too long and loss of memory.
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • My research interests include immunology and the mechanisms of amyloid formation. The latter has implications for people who are dealing with Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease … View Profile

    I think that you should discuss this with your GP.

    S/he will be able to draw up a “Mental Health Care Plan” with you - that will entitle you to a number of (Medicare-subsidised) sessions with mental health professionals (a psychiatrist and/or a clinical psychologist).

    All the best.

  • I have been working in Eltham, Melbourne as a relationship and family counsellor for over twelve years. I draw on current theory and research about … View Profile

    It sounds like you may benefit from getting an assessment done in order to find out in more detail what is going on for you and what may be helpful. As Simon has mentioned, the place to start is with your GP, who can do an initial assessment and then refer you to the right specialist help. It's hard to take that first step at the best of times, even more so when you are dealing with depressive symptoms. Good on you for reaching out and taking that step here, and good luck with your next steps. 

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question
Community Contributor

Empowering Australians to make better health choices