Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Where do I go to get a chalazion taken out?

    I have had a Chalazion in my lower eyelid for 6 months now and my doctor has been monitoring it. It has been infected twice and I have had two courses of antibiotics, that got rid of the infection and swelling, but didn't decrease the size at all. My doc has said that I may have to get it taken out, but he is not sure where I can do this, as its considered a ‘cosmetic’ procedure. It is annoying and sometimes sore, and I am at the point were I want it out. I have also tried warm compresses of epsom salts and water, I did this a few times a day for 6 weeks, in which it did get smaller at first, but then got to a point where its just hard and has been the same size weather I compress it or not. Some days it looks like a large pimple that comes to the outside surface, almost like it wants to ‘pop’ out. Is this something I can get done at an optometrist? Thankyou
  • Find a professional to answer your question

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question
Community Sponsor(s)

Empowering Australians to make better health choices