Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    What is the best way to help my child to overcome learning difficulties?

    What can I do as a parent to help my child? Should I put him in a special programme? Is there anything I can do at home? Should I use incentives?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • Serving the interests of children and young people with childhood language and related disorders View Profile

    It may help to engage a support team to help guide you as to how to best support your child's individual needs. This can include allied health professionals (speech langauge pathologist, occupational therapist etc), medical professionals and educators. A comprehensive multidisciplinary assessment may be worthwhile to pinpoint in what areas your child needs support. At home, make sure that your child is exposed to lots of different experiences and learning through different modes, such as play. Everyday activities such as baking, doing the washing etc can be rich learning experiences.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Empowering Australians to make better health choices