Verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Verification sent. Please check your inbox to verify your address.

Unable to send verification. Please try again later.

Get information from qualified health professionals on the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Could this be Vitiligo?


    I think I have Vitiligo although my doctor was never able to diagnose me. I have lost pigment around my eyes and it has slowly spread in the same area for the last 10 years. It has never appeared anywhere else however.

    Looking for some answers as to what it may be!


  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • Dr Teresa Wong

    GP (General Practitioner)

    I love medicine! My special interest areas are mental health, pain management, pediatrics and musculoskeletal injuries. Having said that there is no area in medicine … View Profile

    Hi Jessica! Without having seen it one of the things it may be is a skin condition called Pityriasis Versicolor which is very easily treated with a body solution called Pevaryl. Definitely it's worth seeing another GP!

  • 1




    Prof Rodney Sinclair

    Dermatologist (Skin Specialist)

    Professor Sinclair is a Professor of Dermatology at the University of Melbourne and Director of Sinclair Dermatology. He is past-president of the Australasian Society for … View Profile

    Pityriasis versicolor is a rash that affects the trunk and limbs and only rarely, if ever involves the face.  It does sound like you might have vitiligo. 

    There are now a number of well established treatments for vitiligo, as well as new treatments currently being examined in clinical trials. 

    I recommend you see a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and a discussion fo treatment options.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question
Community Contributor

Empowering Australians to make better health choices