Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    How do you treat uveitis?

    I am a 40-year-old male and I have just been told that I have Uveitis, what is the treatment for this condition?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 2


    Dr John H. Chang

    Ophthalmologist (Eye Specialist)

    Dr John Chang is a Sydney-based ophthalmologist with specialist training in cataract surgery, medical retina and comprehensive ophthalmology. At his Strathfield practice, Dr Chang provides … View Profile

    There are various treatment options for uveitis or inflammation inside the eye. These range from eye drops, injections of medication into or around the eye, or tablets/systemic therapy. The particular treatment depends on the cause, type, and severity of the uveitis. For example, uveitis caused by certain infections needs appropriate antibiotic treatment for the particular infection such as herpetic virus or toxoplasmosis. Most forms of uveitis are non-infectious and they require anti-inflammatory therapy such as corticosteroids. Many forms of uveitis can be satisfactorily treated with steroid eye drops alone, but more severe cases may require treatment such as Ozurdex steroid implant injection. Such diagnosis and treatment options are tailored to the individual patient by the ophthalmologist. In some cases, the treatment involves a team approach with other specialists such as immunologist or rheumatologist being involved as well.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices