Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Gastric sleeve

    Related Topic
    I need to get a gastric sleeve but I don't have private health insurance yet. Someone mentioned that you can apply for superannuation funds to be used towards surgery.
    Is this correct? Do you have any information on that?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 1


    Mr Ramez Bassari

    Bariatric (Obesity) Surgeon, General Surgeon, Laparoscopic Surgeon, Upper GI Surgeon (Abdominal)

    Mr Ramez Bassari is a specialist surgeon in the fields of Bariatric (Obesity/Weight Loss), Upper Gastrointestinal (reflux, stomach, oesophagus), Laparoscopic and General Surgery - including … View Profile


    You can apply for early release/access to your superannuation funds to use towards a gastric sleeve (or other bariatric procedures). You can access the required form from the ATO website, from your GP or specialist surgeon. It needs to be completed by your GP and your surgeon. The application is then reviewed by the ATO prior to the funds being released.

    Mr Ramez Bassari

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Empowering Australians to make better health choices