Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    What should I do to prevent increased urinary leakage?

    I had an ablation in Feb 2013 due heavy periods and fibroids. My periods all but stopped that was awesome, but in the last 12 months my breasts hurt constantly. I have many fatty lumps in my breasts and one is on rib cage and that is starting to hurt allot and get bigger. I have had it biopsied it was clear. It also feels as if my tummy is bloated and urine leakage is really bad, especially when I have to use my bowels. I am on a lot of pain meds due to work injury back in the 80s in the RAAF that was not treated properly now have permanent disability. I do not want to sound like a drama queen because I feel like that with my doctor. What do I do?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • Dr Joseph Jabbour

    Gynaecologist, Gynaecologist - Infertility (IVF) Specialist, Obstetrician

    Dr Joseph Jabbour is a specialist Obstetrician & Gynaecologist and Fertility Specialist with Monash IVF situated in Sunnybank (Brisbane Southside). Dr Jabbour has had the … View Profile

    Hi there,

    Urinary incontinence is an embarrasing condition and a large percentage of women suffer from it. You would definitely not sound like a drama queen for seeking help and you should certainly ask for help. You should initially see your GP who can perform tests to exclude infections and organize for a bladder/kidney/ureter ultrasound scan. 

    A referral to a gynaecologist is warranted to further investigate the cause of the incontinence and manage it appropriately. The management depends on the cause and varies from conservative management with weight loss, referral to a physiotherapist, oral medications to surgical intervention. To help prevent worsening of your condition, you will need to know what type of incontinence you suffer from.

    I have attached a link to an article from my website that can help guide you.  

    All the best.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Community Contributor

Empowering Australians to make better health choices