Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Who would be the best Specialist to visit for chronic neurological pain?

    Related Topic
    Who would be the best Specialist to visit for chronic neurological pain? I am not having any success with Neurosurgeon. Was on 3,600mgs of Gabapentin with Celebrex (in November) and sent me absolutely “over the top”. (Weaned myself off the Gabapentin over 2 weeks.) The pain has increased over the last 8 months and I am at my wits end. I am unable to tolerate an anti-inflammatory. I have a Syrinx at T1-T4. Have burning pain at right side of my body ~ up right side of right leg, right buttock to waist and shocking spasms through right shoulder blade and neck. I live in Hobart and would be willing to travel to mainland as my life, as I know it, has become intolerable. I do not leave my home; I am writing this standing up as I am unable to sit; I lay on lounge with hot water bottle all day to help with pain.
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 5


    Dr Ryan Hislop


    Ryan Hislop is the Clinical Director at the Mudgee Chiropractic Health and Wellness Centre. As an experienced and evidence-based diagnostician, Ryan works largely by medical … View Profile

    In terms of specialists, it may be worth visiting a pain management specialist. Your condition is complex, and I am unable to comment on whether or not that will be of benefit, however it would be the next step if neurosurgical evaluation and treatment is unsuccessful. 

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices