Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    What to do when pain getting worse?

    I am on a working holiday visa before I left Ireland
    I was on a waiting list to have a laparoscopy as they
    thought I could have endometriosis, I didnt go to the appointment and came to Australia insted (silly I know) the pain is getting worse and yesterday it was so bad I couldnt walk properly for a few hours then it died down. Bit I couldnt also have intercourse with my partner also. I dont know what to do as I am on a bristish passport, do I go to a DOCTOR or straight to the hositpal the pain is unbearable.
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • Women's Health Queensland Wide provides free health information for Queensland women. View Profile

    There are a number of Family Planning Clinics throughout Australia. They may be able to organize ongoing management. However, if the pain is unbearable you may need to see a local GP for immediate pain control. My understanding is that you can claim this visit if you have travel insurrance, but you will need to pay up front and than make a claim.
    Other conditions can cause pain in this area such as plevic infection, urinary tract infections, and ectopic pregnancy (this happens if a pregnancy develops in the fallopian tube) bowel conditions etc..
    You might find this face sheet useful and informative - just click on the link
    Women’s Health Educator
    Health Information Line, Women’s Health Queensland Wide

    Women living in Queensland can also call our Health Information Line - a free information and referral service for Queensland women - on 3839 9988 or 1800 017 676 (toll free outside Brisbane).

    Please note that all health information provided by Women’s Health Queensland Wide is subject to this disclaimer

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices