Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Where can I find support for women who have been sexually abused?

    Are there any websites or support groups available for victims of sexual abuse?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • Jan Seeley

    Counselling Psychologist, Psychologist

    Jan Seeley is a Counselling Psychologist and a member of the Australian Psychological Society with a Master of Counselling (Psychology). For over 25 years she … View Profile

    I'm not sure about other states, but in Victoria we have Casa (Centre Against Sexual Assault) and they have branches in different urban and rural locations.  They often run groups as do local community health centers.  These are good starting places as they can also refer to other appropriate services.  There is also DVIRC (The Domestic Violence And Incest Resource Centre) who have a regular newsletter with groups listed across the state or can give information over the phone.

  • Belinda Chelius

    Counsellor, Social Worker

    I am a skilled, dedicated, culturally sensitive and passionate Senior Social Work Clinician, practicing in the field of complex mental health and substance misuse (Dual-Diagnosis) … View Profile

    This links contains contact details for QLD sexual assault agencies. 

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices