Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    How should flu-like symptoms be treated?

    Usually once a year or once every two years I come down with the flu. Is it enough to take over the counter medication and/or cough syrup? (in addition to taking a few days off work to rest of course)
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • Dr Teresa Wong

    GP (General Practitioner)

    I love medicine! My special interest areas are mental health, pain management, pediatrics and musculoskeletal injuries. Having said that there is no area in medicine … View Profile

    I think in most cases that is exactly what you need to do! Antibiotics usually don't make a difference to how long you stay sick for. Having said that though I think that it would be a good idea for you to visit your GP on those occasions so that they can make sure that there isn't anything else going on like pneumonia or tonsillitis.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices