Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Shared Experiences

    I just need to let off steam and talk about what I am going through......

    Related Topic
    My partner who has suffered from anxiety depression with some attacks of bi polar for many years drives me mad. I'm currently being treated for anxiety and depression and seeing a psychiatrist (who cares how its spelt) He continually needs to know what i'm doing and where i've been indetail why i was so long etc I'm sure he gets mixed up with time as he is always tired, I think he doses off while i'm talking doesn't seem to be on my wave length, only on his politics and depression sites.If I ask for support he takes 3 valiums and goes to bed if its anything slightly different. He is very isolated at home. There i've made a comment didn't think i would
    • 1 comment
    • April Dunow
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • April Dunow

    HealthShare Member

    I wasn't sure what state you were in but I recommend contacting somebody like Carers SA about your situation for respite or other assistance. Wellways is an education program run by Mental Illness Fellowship Victoria which I believe is available in most states - go to their website to check this out. The program is for carers of people with a mental illness and I did it in SA - one of the best things I did and most helpful for helping you cope.


You must be a Health Professional to comment. Log in or Sign up .

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices