Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    Do I have Lichen Sclerosus (LS)?

    I am a 66-year-old woman with itchy vulva with white patches. My GP has been treating me with repeat courses of anti-thrush creams and tablets with no relief in my symptoms. Do I have Lichen Sclerosus (LS)?
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 3


    Dr Ljiljana Miljkovic-Petkovic

    Gynaecologist, Obstetrician

    I am an experienced obstetrician and gynaecologist who is passionate about providing the highest level of care in a personalised and compassionate manner. We offer … View Profile

    A Lichen Sclerosus is a chronic condition that can develop anywhere on the body and at any age. The commonest presentation is in postmenopausal women on the vulva. The exact cause is unknown, but an overactive immune system plays a role. Rarely it can change into vulvar cancer so surveillance by your Gynaecologist is very important. It is not contagious. As with any chronic condition it cannot be cured, but symptoms can be controlled. Initially, your Gynaecologist will prescribe you steroid ointment.

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices