Please verify your email address to receive email notifications.

Enter your email address

We have sent you a verification email. Please check your inbox and spam folder.

Unable to send verification, please refresh and try again later.

  • Q&A with Australian Health Practitioners

    How to alter diet/lifestyle with cholecystitis?

    Related Topic
    How should I manage what I eat? Are there certain foods I should be avoiding? I tend to feel pain after eating.
  • Find a professional to answer your question

  • 14


    Mr Niruben Rajasagaram

    Bariatric (Obesity) Surgeon, General Surgeon, Upper GI Surgeon (Abdominal)

    Niruben Rajasagaram - Consultant Bariatric, Oesophagogastric & General Surgeon. He specialises in benign/malignant conditions that affect the upper gastrointestinal tract, as well as obesity and … View Profile

    The fact that you are consistently getting pain after eating is fairly typical for biliary colic. Avoiding fatty foods would be the initial thing you could do. The next thing you should do is get a GP referral to see a specialist to discuss surgery(laparoscopic cholecystectomy). Many people are not aware that cholecystitis or biliary colic are not the only complications tha you can get from gall stones. There are other conditions that have a greater morbidity to patients such as cholangitis or gall stone pancreatitis. Getting surgery as soon as possible would be the most definite way of dealing with this. 

answer this question

You must be a Health Professional to answer this question. Log in or Sign up .

You may also like these related questions

Ask a health question

Empowering Australians to make better health choices